(20% off - Early Bird) (Incl. Taxes)
Our Python course is designed to impart knowledge, skills and hands on experience required to become a successful Python Developer.
Python is a popular language that allows you to build fast, highly scalable application.
Why learn Python ?
- Software quality - Reusable, Maintainable
- Developer productivity - Less to type. debug, maintain
- Program portability - Same program runs on windows, linux and mac
- Support libraries - Standard libraries, Third-party
- Component Integration - Can invoke C and C++ libraries and can integrate with Java, .NET, COM and Silverlight
Our classes are conducted live online by our instructors via webinar or hangout. These are not pre-recorded classes. The instructor delivers the class using presentations, collaborative drawing tools, screenshares. All attendees are usually muted during the class. However, they can ask questions in the webinar or hangout chat windows. The instructor answers any questions asked immediately after explaining a concept. The instructor also asks questions during the sessions to ensure maximum student engagement.
Every class is recorded, complete with the screen and the audio, and uploaded to the Learning Management System which is accessible to our attendees for life.
At the end of each session, assignments are provided which the attendees have to submit in the LMS (Learning Management System). The assignments are continuously reviewed by our instructors and teaching assistants. In case we conclude that an attendee requires extra detailing, we schedule extra one-on-one sessions with that attendee.
What makes Python course unique?
- Interactive Classes: More Questions. Less Lectures.
- Simple explanations to complex topics by industry experts
- Hands on workshops and real time projects.
- Quizzes & Assignments
- Certificate of Course at the end of course
- A real time project
- Lifetime access to course content
Cloud Labs™- Access to the cloud infrastructure
What are the prerequisites to join Python course?
To be able to take maximum benefit out of this course, you should have knowledge of the following:
- Computer Knowledge You should be familiar with computer
- A know-how of the basics of programming. Ability to create a directory and see whats inside a file from the command line, and an understanding of 'loops' in any programming language.
In addition, the attendee should have the following hardware infrastructure:
- A good internet connection. An internet speed of 2mbps is good enough.
- Access to a computer. Since it is an online course, you would have to install webinar or hangout on your computer.
- Nice To Have: A power backup for your router as well as computer.
- Nice To Have: A good quality headphones.
What kind of project / real time experience?
After all sessions are over, we ask for the student's preference for a project. We form teams of 3-4 members and based on their interests we assign a project to each team. A project is usually of three weeks duration. If a team has an idea it wants to work on as a project, we screen the idea and the team can work on it, or we assign a project from the industry. Since it is not possible to provide real data from the industry, we provide data anonymously for projects. We continuously support and guide the teams during projects by conducting regular scheduled meetings and also provide individual assistance.
What Certificate do we provide?
Based on your performance in Quizzes, Assignments and Projects, we provide the certificate in the following forms:
- 1. Hard Copy
We send a hard copy of the certificate to your address.
- 2. Digitally Signed Copy
We provide the PDF of the certificate that is digitally signed by KnowBigData.com.
- 3. Share Your Success
Share your course record with employers and educational institutions through a secure permanent URL.
- 4. LinkedIn Recommendation & Endorsements
We will provide a LinkedIn Recommendation based on your performance. Also, we will endorse you with tags such as Python, Node.js, Mongo, Big Data.
- 5. Verifiable Certificate
We have provided an online form to validate whether the certificate is correct or not here. This assists recruiters to verify the certificate provided by us.
- Using the Interpreter
- Running a Python Script
- Variables, Functions, Keywords, Operators
- Writing to the screen
- String Formatting
- Flow Control
- Variables, Keywords
- Decision Making
- Operator Precedence
- Type Conversion, Comments
- Exception Handling
- Parameters, Arguments, Return
- Variable Arguments
- Map, Filter, Reduce
- Anonymous Functions
- While, For Loops
- Break, Continue
- Walk through of Largest, Smallest Program
- String Indexing, Slicing
- Built-in string methods, Looping in Strings
- Concatenation, Parsing and Extracting
- Opening, Reading/Writing to files
- Reading/Writing lines, looping in files
- Range Function, Concatenation, Slicing
- List Methods, List Comprehension
- Split and Join
- Sorting lists
- Stack implementation demonstration
- Adding, Updating, Deleting
- Dictionary methods, Looping
- Sorting Dictionaries
- Hand-out: Getting the most occuring word in a text file
- Tuple Sorting, Tuple uses
- Word count hand-out in a shorter way using tuples
- Module import, search path
- Package organization, Sub-packages and import
- Classes, Objects
- Inheritance, Encapsulation, Polymorphism
- Initializer method, self
- Class methods, static methods
- Exception handling - 2
- Demonstration of OOP concepts, exception handling
- RE quick guide, re module
- search, findall methods
- Matching and extracting data
- Greedy and Non-greedy matching
- E-mail validator RE
- Network architecture, sockets
- Intro to HTTP, GET request
- urllib, Beautiful Soup
- Intro to web services, Xml
- Xml hand-outs
- Intro to JSON
- Parsing json in python
- APIs and hand-out with Google Geocoding API
- Project Assignment
- Introduction to ML with Python
- Introduction to Big Data with Python
About the Team
Founder & Chief Instructor
Past Amazon.com, InMobi.com, Founder @ tBits Global, D.E.Shaw
Education Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
For last 12 years, Sandeep has been building products and churning large amounts of data for various product firms. He has an all around experience of software development and big data analysis.
Apart from digging data and technologies, Sandeep enjoys conducting interviews and explaining difficult concepts in simple ways.
Python - Frequently Asked Questions
No. We stopped classroom trainings a while back when we realized that our students attending the online instructor led classes are performing better in the assignments than students in our offline classrooms. Moreover, students ask more questions in online sessions in comparison to the classroom sessions.
Also, it is very difficult to get a real training locally in any city. So, it is better to have really good training than having the classroom sessions.
To check if the online session would work for you, please attend our demo sessions. I can assure you that you would like the instructor led online trainings.
- Using the our Cloud LabsTo give our candidates a real experience of big data computing, we have provided a bunch of computers with all the big data technologies running on them since most of the big data technologies make sense only if done using multiple machines. You only have to use SSH Client (putty on windows) to connect to our cluster. Whether you are at home or office, and whether you are using a laptop or a tablet, you would be able to work on Python. See more details about cloud labs, here.
- Using Virtual MachinesSecond and the traditional way to experiment on Python is to install a Virtual Machine. We will assist you in setting up Virtual Machine. However, most of our students are so happy with our Cloud Labs that they hardly install a Virtual Machine.
Our classes are held either in the mornings or in the evenings.
In addition to these classes, you will have to devote around 4-6 hours every week to complete assignments.
If you are not able to attend a particular class, you can watch the recordings of that class. Otherwise, you can attend the same class in another running batch.
Sometimes, due to various reasons, people find it difficult to continue a course. In case that happens, you can continue in another session in the future, or you can request your refund. Here are the guidelines for requesting the refund.
Yes, the course material is available to our students for life. You will have access to the content in LMS for ever.
Yes, we provide our own Certification. At the end of your course, you will work on a real time project. You will receive a Problem Statement along with a data-set to work on our Cloud Labs. Once you are successfully through the project (Reviewed by an expert), you will be awarded a certificate with a performance-based grading.If your project is not approved in the first attempt, you can take extra assistance to understand concepts better and reattempt the project free of cost.
Python is one of the hottest programming language available today for software engineers.
Our cluster has all the softwares that are required for the course plus some more components such as GIT. In case you require a particular software to be installed on cluster which is not already there, please let us know.
(20% off - Early Bird) (Incl. Taxes)